Avocado can be considered as a super fruit because of its health benefits. You can eat avocados raw, cooked, purees, fresh, juiced. It depends on you how you want to take these. It is a very good source of Vitamin D, E, C, and B6. It also contains a colossal amount of magnesium, potassium and dietary fiber. So, typically it is rich in vitamins and minerals.
An intake of 300 to 600mg of avocado in a day is required to get all the health benefits of this fruit. It can also help in preventing various diseases like cancer.
Amount per 100 grams
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g 23%
Saturated fat 2.1 g 10%
Polyunsaturated fat 1.8 g
Monounsaturated fat 10 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 7 mg 0%
Potassium 485mg 13%
Total Carbohydrate 9 g 3%
Dietary fiber 7 g 28%
Sugar 0.7 g
Protein 2 g 4%
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 16%
Vitamin D 0%
Vitamin B-6 15%
Vitamin B-12 0%
Health benefits of Avocado:
This fruit is believed to be originated from South America. So, here below are its health benefits:
1) It can help in lower down the cholesterolIt can reduce the lipid production in the body. This fruit helps in lowering the blood pressure if consumed daily. It also contains monosaturated fatty acids which can fight against hyperlipidemia.
2) It can cut the risk of cancer.This fruit has a high concentration of carotenoids and lutein which can inhibit the production of cancer cells. According to some studies, it is proven that this fruit can help in reducing the risks of prostate cancer.
3) It can help in treating osteoarthritis.Avocado contains oils which are referred to as unsaponifiable fractions, It can do wonder on the muscles, bones and the joints.
4) Avocado can work against dysentery and diarrheaThe entire avocado tree can do wonders for a person health. The bark, seeds, and leaves of the fruit tree can be turned into concoction to help to treat dysentery and diarrhea.
5) Avocado can keep the skin and hair healthyAs this fruit is rich in Vitamin E, which helps in keeping the skin healthy? Along with the skin, it also helps in keeping our hair healthy. Side effects of Avocado:
AS it has many benefits on the other hand avocados may cause some side effects if taken on regular basis.
1) Allergies :
Some people develop an allergy towards avocado. Like for e.g. for those people who are known to be allergic to peaches, potatoes, banana, tomatoes or kiwi those people get allergic to this fruit also.
2) Liver Damage :
There are different types of avocados are present in the market. If avocados are taken on the regular basis the collagen tends to accumulate in the liver.
3) Added Calories :
Due to its high content in fat, these are very high in calories. If you are adding these then make sure you must cut calories from other portions of your diet also.
4) Nit for lactating and breastfeeding mothers.
The high amount of it is not safe for women because it can upset the stomach of the baby.
5) Affects the performance of some drugs.
Blood-thinning vaccination does not work properly due to the anti-inflammatory effects of these.
So, these were the Benefits and Side Effects of Avocados for People. For further details visit more articles on our website.