Now, sugar is the most dangerous ingredient in our day to day life. This is the most used the ingredient in our daily routine. But it has many serious issues related to our health. It can cause many health problems like:
- Heart Disease
Almost all people in the world tend to use sugar, and even they are using it in huge amount. The event they know what are its side effects but are using it in their daily routine.
Apparently, there are many other ways are present to sweeten our food without adding sugar. Now here we are going to tell you the list eight healthy sweeteners that you can use in place of sugar.
Why is sugar bad?
Now, first of all, it does not contain any mineral, vitamins, fats, protein. So, there is no need of it in our diet. If it is not providing us anything then what is its need? In fact, it has a lot of side effects to our body. So, we should avoid sugar as much as we can.
Now, sugar interferes with our hormones in our body which lead to increase in hunger and which further leads to intake of more food, i.e., more calorie. So, we are going to raise our weight. Along with weight gain, it also disturbs our metabolism which can lead to increased fat storage and spike in blood sugar levels.
People who consume sugar will tend to get obese and may face some deadly disease like cancer, heart disease, diabetes. In a nutshell, sugar is very unhealthy, and it must be avoided strictly. Now to have the taste of sugar without using it technically here is the list of 8 alternatives.
- It is a natural sweetener which is extracted from the shrub Stevia Reb Audi ana. Now, as it does not have any calories, so there is no chance of weight gain.
- Now it’s not only zero in calories, but it has some health benefits too as it helps in lowering down blood pressure and the insulin levels.
- It has sweetness similar to the sugar. It is a sugar alcohol. It is being extracted from birch or corn wood, and it has been found in the vegetables and fruits also.
- It contains 2.4 calories per gram, which is very less in comparison to the normal sugar. It has 40% fewer calories the normal sugar. Now, it also does not let insulin spike and increase in blood sugar levels.
3) Erythritol: Similar to xylitol
- It is also a sugar alcohol and contains fewer calories in comparison to the normal sugar. It has 6% of the total calories as that of the normal sugar.
- It does not have any harmful effect on our body because our body does not have enzymes to break down it and thus it came out of our body with urine. It is very well tolerated and is safe for human consumption.
4) Yacon Syrup
- Now, this is extracted from the yacon plant which is scientifically known as sonchifolius.
- Nowadays it is mostly used and gained popularity as a weight loss supplement.
Similar to the above products there are more similar products which can also be used like:
- Coconut Sugar
- Maple Syrup
So, that was all about the List of natural substitutes for sugar. For more stuff like this Stay Connected 🙂